PROVIDES EITHER A RIGID CONNECTION OR VERTICAL BUILDING MOVEMENT UP TO 3”.
The UBC8-97 are ideal for medium to larger standoff conditions. UNIVERSAL BYPASS CLIPS install quickly with screws, welds or powder-actuated fasteners, and provide adjustable standoff to ensure a plumb wall plane. For deflection application, proprietary deflection screws are provided with each clip to ensure friction-free sliding.
- Eliminates shims and scabs.
- Provides vertical movement up to 3" (1-1/2" up and 1-1/2"down) when installed as a deflection application
- Specially designed to simplify welding installation
- Fast, one-piece universal installation. No left or right handed clips
- Proprietary deflection screws provide frictionless slip connections. One bag (80 screws) included
PRODUCT DATA & ORDERING INFORMATION
|UBC8-68||12||97||0.1017||1-7/8" x 8" x 4-7/8"||25|
- Includes one bag of 80 proprietary deflection screws per bucket
- Material Structural Grade 50 Type H (ST50H), 50ksi
- Coating G90 (Z275) hot-dipped galvanized coating
- See submittals for product weights
Connections to the building can be made with screws, welds powder-actuated fasteners or drill-in concrete anchors. Mechanical fasteners shall be located on the embossed marks given on the scored line of the 1-7/8" flange. Attach building anchors to the structure according to the manufacture’s instructions. Anchors shall be installed through the embossments on the scored line of the clip as shown on the attached drawings. In no case shall anchors be installed more than 3/4" from the bend on the short leg of the clip. In cases of discrepancy between this information and the Design Engineer’s details, the Design Engineer’s details shall be followed.
For a Rigid Connection:
Attach the Universal Bypass Clip to cold-formed steel framing members using #12 minimum self-drilling screws (not included) through the clip holes into the steel framing.
For a Deflection Connection:
Attach the Universal Bypass Clip to the cold-formed steel framing using proprietrary deflection screws (included) through the slotted holes and positioned to allow for the appropriate building deflection.
Proprietary Deflection Screws:
Many of the ClarkDietrich deflection clips include our proprietary deflection fastener that has been specifically designed to provide friction-free deflection. These fasteners eliminate drag, binding or resistance that can often occur with common fasteners.