PROVIDES EITHER A RIGID CONNECTION OR VERTICAL BUILDING MOVEMENT UP TO 1”.
The FUS clips are available in standard lengths of 6" and 8” in 12ga and 10ga. They are ideal for medium to larger standoff conditions. FUS clips install quickly and provide adjustable standoff to ensure a plumb wall plane. For deflection application, proprietary heavy duty deflection screws are provided with each clip to ensure friction-free sliding.
- Eliminates shims and scabs.
- Provides full vertical movement up to 1” when installed as a deflection application
- Fast, one-piece universal installation. No left or right handed clips
- Higher capacities when used in applications where significantly higher capacities are required.
- Proprietary deflection screws provide frictionless slip connections. One bag (80 screws) included
- Patent Pending
PRODUCT DATA & ORDERING INFORMATION
|FUS6-118||10||118||0.1242||2" x 6" x 6"||10|
- Includes one bag of 80 proprietary deflection screws per bucket
- Material Structural Grade 50 Type H (ST50H), 50ksi
- Coating G90 (Z275) hot-dipped galvanized coating
- See submittals for product weights
Connections to the building can be made with screws, welds powder-actuated fasteners (PAF). Mechanical fasteners shall be located on the embossed marks given on the scored line of the 2" leg. Attach building anchors to the structure according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Anchors shall be installed through the embossments on the scored line of the clip as shown on the attached drawings. In no case shall anchors be installed more than 3/4" from the bend on the short leg of the clip. In cases of discrepancy between this information and the Design Engineer’s details, the Design Engineer’s details shall be followed.
For a Rigid Connection:
Attach the Fixed Universal Slip Clip (FUS) to cold-formed steel framing members using (8) #12 self-tapping screws (not included) through the clip holes into the steel framing. For a rigid connection, screws should not be installed in any of the slotted holes.
For a Deflection Connection:
Attach the Fixed Universal Slip Clip (FUS) to cold-formed steel framing members using the proprietary #14 heavy duty deflection screws (included) through the slotted holes and position for the appropriate building deflection. For the FUS6 clip all slotted holes shall have one screw.
Proprietary Deflection Screws:
Many of the ClarkDietrich deflection clips include our proprietary deflection fastener that has been specifically designed to provide friction-free deflection. These fasteners eliminate drag, binding or resistance that can often occur with common fasteners.