PRECUT FIRE-RETARDANT TREATED WOOD BLOCKING
The 2x6 FR Blocking is fire-retardant treated wood blocking for nonstructural steel framing with dado groove to latch on to flange and span between wall partitions to provide attachment surface for wall mounted fixtures. Fire-retardant wood complies with national building codes, including the International Building Code (IBC) and the International Residential Code (IRC).
- D-Blaze® Fire-Retardant Treatment.
- Dado groove provides secure and flush mounting surface.
- Pre-cut for 16” o.c. spacing.
- Provides reinforcement to the structural integrity of the walls for stability of wall-mounted fixtures.
2x6 FR Blocking is fire-retardant, pressure-treated wood that is chemically treated to reduce flamesp read and smoke development.
PRODUCT DATA & ORDERING INFORMATION:
|Product code||Thickness (in)||Size (in)||Pcs./Skid|
|FRB26-16||1-1/2"||1-1/2" X 5-1/2" X 15-3/4"||288|
Material: Southern Yellow Pine (SYP) treated with D-Blaze® Fire-Retardant treatment
Product weight: 2.35 lbs. / piece
Secure wood blocking into place using stainless steel or hot-dip galvanized fasteners. On one side, insert fasteners through the stud flange and into the face of the blocking and for the other side insert fasteners through the stud web and into the butt end of the blocking.
D-BLAZE® FIRE RETARDANT WOOD COMPLIES WITH OR HAS BEEN GRANTED THE FOLLOWING:
- ASTM E84, ASTM D3201, ASTM D5516, ASTM D5664
- Underwriters Laboratories Classified
- UL GREENGUARD GOLD Certified - UL 2818
- California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection CSFM BML Listings for D-Blaze Lumber
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA 255)
- AWPA Standardized (P50, U1, UCFA) Interior Type A High-Temperature (HT) FRTW
- City of Los Angeles Research Report: RR 24502 in accordance with ICC-ES ESR 2645
- New York City Building Code (MEA Numbers 406-87 and 407-87)
- National Building Code of Canada
- UL Class A (Class 1) with FR-S Rating CAN/ULC S102 & S102.2
- Class FRT lumber
- 50-year warranty
(All are subject to revision, re-examination)